College football rivalries seeping into Panthers’ locker room

Sir Purr

Mar 16, 2019
nf6wvzjoghoqweluexhj

“Duke didn’t give him one. I guess Duke just doesn’t really like their professional players that represent their university,” Smith joked. “I guess that’s what it is. When we win, though, he’s going to wear a full jumpsuit.”

But Cockrell knows his Blue Devils will make sure his wardrobe stays Tar Heel-free.

“I’ve got tremendous faith in the Duke football program,” Cockrell said. “The coaches are going to prepare the team well, and I think the players are going to go out there and execute because they know it’s a big game.”

Boston isn’t as sold.

“Game prediction? Score? Heels dub, Duke loss,” Boston said. “I don’t need a score, it could be one to zero, we’re going to get it done.”

But Duke-UNC isn’t the only big game in college football this weekend. Defensive backs and LSU alumni Donte Jackson and Eric Reid are waiting for a certain quarterback to try and talk smack before their alma mater takes on the Auburn Tigers in a top ten matchup.

“Guys have been real timid to come talk to us about playing games,” Reid said. “We played Florida and it was real quiet. Haven’t heard much this week either. I’m excited for what my alma mater is doing, so hopefully they’ll get a win, keep that streak going.”

Jackson thinks the reason he hasn’t heard from quarterback Cam Newton, or any alumni of LSU’s other opponents, is because they’re too scared.

“He don’t want that smoke,” Jackson said. “I’m going to see what he wants to do, but we ain’t talked about it yet, but I’m definitely going to see what he wants to do.”