Colts’ Parris Campbell Already A Popular Pick As Instant Impact Rookie

Blue

Mar 19, 2019
a0h7tq14nwonkamgx9ys

INDIANAPOLIS — After trading back early during last month's 2019 NFL Draft, the Indianapolis Colts went without a first-round selection. However, one of the players they selected in Round 2 has been generating quite a bit of buzz already.

Sitting on the clock with the 59th-overall pick, general manager Chris Ballard and the Colts made Ohio State wide receiver Parris Campbell the newest member of the Horseshoe, giving quarterback Andrew Luck another weapon in his arsenal.

Pulling the strings on one of the NFL's most potent offenses, Colts head coach Frank Reich certainly knows what this unit could be capable of moving forward with someone like Campbell running around.

“Well, Chris (Ballard) will tell you the first time I saw him on film, I have my eye – there were several guys, Parris was the one guy that really jumped off the tape to me," Reich said. "Just his explosiveness. Playing in the slot, you see all the things he can do, but I really saw some abilities in him that I thought translate and make him not just a slot receiver that you can do a lot of different things with him. But the 4.31 speed, the high character, the intelligence and the high character is important because that has to be an unselfish room. We preach that all the time in that room that, ‘Hey, we are an unselfish group.’ So he will come in and will have to earn his stripes, but certainly excited about his ability and his character.”