Cousins, Offense Struggle in 'Strange' Loss to Falcons

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
if5wv1u1xgm6bbsaizdq

"I think that's a good word. I think 'strange' is a good word," Cousins said. "The first six weeks of the season have felt that way at times each and every week. Certainly, that's been frustrating. I think today felt similar in that way."

Cousins was a Pro Bowler in 2019 as he three just six interceptions, his lowest total in five seasons as a starter. Cousins now has a whopping 10 interceptions on the season, and has a pair of games with three interceptions alone.

Zimmer responded with a quick and firm, 'No,' when asked if he thought about benching Cousins at halftime. But the quarterback said after the game that it's on him to play better in order to give his chance a team to win going forward.

"I need to correct it. I need to finish the season with a different story regarding interceptions. That's something I need to improve with the remaining games we have," Cousins said. "I don't know that limits the interceptions. I just think the entire offensive performance … I need to be better. We need to be better."

Cousins later expanded on his need to play better for the Vikings.

"You just have to play well in this business and the reality is if the pace that I'm on in terms of the interceptions were to continue, I won't finish the season, you know what I mean," Cousins added. "There's a little bit of, you've got to improve, whether it's you know, them telling me, 'Hey, you've got to improve,' or them pulling me, you've got to get better, and that will be what the rest of this season is about, for me, trying to protect the football as best as I can, because when you turn the ball over, it really hurts your chances to win.

"I know that, and just need to improve as we look ahead to the rest of the season," Cousins added.