D.J. Humphries Ready And Realistic About Padded Practice

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
kmr5ezdq9r2wgjfz1erz

GETTING A SENSE OF THE "CROWD" NOISE AT GAMES

Kingsbury had "crowd noise" pumped in to practice Sunday during some of the work, although the coach said what the noise will ultimately sound like during games is a "work in progress."

"Uncharted territory for all of us, those guys at NFL headquarters included," Kingsbury said. "I think there will be some experimentation and it may go on into the season a little bit. But there will be some form of noise and we just want to be prepared for it and practice for it as much as we are able to."

HUMPHRIES AWARE OF FALSE-START ISSUES

Humphries was flagged 13 times last season, tied for sixth-most in the league for any one player. Eight of the flags came during the play, but five were false starts – something Humphries is working to fix.

"That was one of the biggest things I wanted to work on in the offseason was cutting down on the penalties," Humphries said. "Some of my penalties are never going to go away. I'm never going to get to the point where, I'm trying to figure out a way to grab this guy in a safe way, I'm getting to the point where I am trying to make plays. If they throw the flag, they throw the flag. I'm never going to be hesitant.

"Staying onsides is something I can control, and that's the main thing I am focusing on. The pre-snap penalties and self-inflicted penalties."

HOPKINS RESTS HAMSTRING

Wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins didn't practice Sunday, and Kingsbury said it was precautionary because of some left hamstring tightness.

Continue reading...