Danielle Hunter Ranked 40th on NFL Network's 'Top 100' List

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
jja4voax29crouk4bdec

"I saw the tight end motion in, and normally when they do that, it's to block you," Hunter said. "I played the run first and I felt he was light, so I instantly converted to play action.

"I did one of my moves that I always do against tackles," Hunter said. "I can't tell you [what move]. This move, I'm not ready to give it away yet."

And while there was plenty of chatter about Hunter's on-field ability, current and past teammates also wondered aloud about Hunter's physique.

"He's a created Madden player. Everybody goes and makes a player on Madden and they make Danielle Hunter," Ham said. "Ripped up, the dude has veins for days. A 99 [rating in] everything. Physically, the dude looks like a freak. And he plays that way, too.

"He just never stops. So many sacks he gets, he's getting double-teamed or he has to beat two people," Ham added. "He sees that and splits them, so he goes out there with a high motor."

Former Vikings cornerback Trae Waynes, now with the Bengals, added: "He's a skill player in a defensive end's body. He's a create-a-player in Madden."

Hunter is the fourth Vikings player to land on the list that is created from players' votes, joining Eric Kendricks (No. 83), Harrison Smith (No. 64) and Kirk Cousins (No. 58).

The listing of the players in the 40-31 grouping were as follows:
40. Hunter
39. Tyrann Mathieu, S, Kansas City
38. Chris Godwin, WR, Tampa Bay
37. Jalen Ramsey, CB, Los Angeles Rams (acquired from Jacksonville during 2019 season)
36. Nick Chubb, RB, Cleveland
35. Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Pittsburgh (acquired from Miami during 2019 season)
34. Joey Bosa, DE, Los Angeles Chargers
33. Aaron Jones, RB, Green Bay
32. Shaquil Barrett, OLB, Tampa Bay
31. Saquon Barkley, RB, New York Giants