Darius Leonard's Prolific Production Continues With All-Pro Performance Against Buccaneers

Blue

Mar 19, 2019
ep5vagiwbzpbyqhsfuki

“It was just a fake blitz – dropping in my zone," Leonard said about what he did before the throw. "He never saw me. That’s all it was. He just never saw me.

"I was already in stride that way so I kinda knew that I had a shot to take it to the end zone," Leonard said. "I had some great blocks and kinda took one in."

Leonard's two interceptions were among four total takeaways for the Colts' defense on Sunday, which was able to capitalize against the league's most generous offense when it comes to turnovers.

But Winston and the Buccaneers' offense were also able to overcome those issues, collecting 542 yards of total offense on the day, including 474 through the air to overcome a two-touchdown deficit late in the third quarter, 35-17, to win, 38-35.

“We didn’t do enough to win. We needed more takeaways," he said. "If we had three, we need three more.”

With his latest performance, Leonard is sure to be in the conversation for AFC Defensive Player of the Week, which is determined by the NFL. However, fans still have time to make their mark in regards to Leonard and the Pro Bowl by voting for him and the rest of his Colts teammates here.