Davante Adams looks to ‘elevate’ his game after breakthrough campaign

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
nngmpupggu7qgn75qkrv

Adams has been pleased with what he’s seen from all four returning guys, several of whom reached out over the past few months to tell him how seriously they were approaching the offseason.

“The attention to detail is there, which is the biggest thing,” Adams said. “Last year they came in kind of wide-eyed and bushy-tailed ready to go, but it was a lot being thrown at them, a new offense. It’s a new offense now, but kind of understanding the flow, knowing how to be a pro at this point, and get through a season, they’ve got all that behind them.”

Adams has stayed busy in his own right. Taking a “vicious” approach to the offseason, Adams wants to cement his name among the top receivers in the league and he’s working his way there.

In a Q&A with fans on Twitter earlier this week, New England All-Pro cornerback Stephon Gilmore credited Adams with “the best release” in the league in response to a question about who is the toughest receiver to defend at the line of scrimmage.

Rodgers, who has thrown to five Pro Bowl receivers in his career, told ESPN Wisconsin Tuesday Adams is a “different type of guy than we’ve ever had,” touting his leadership in the locker room and athleticism on the field.

Adams redirects the praise to the future, saying he wants to “elevate” his own play and that of his fellow receivers. He brings it back to his first NFL season in 2014, watching Nelson finish catches to the end zone during training camp.

The vision is new with LaFleur in charge, but Adams is optimistic about what he and the offense could accomplish in 2019.

“I like where this thing is headed,” Adams said. “I like his mindset and things mapped out for this offense. It’s going to be a lot of different ways to use guys. I think everybody is pretty excited right now.”