Defensive Line A Concern As Corey Peters Injury Could Be Serious

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
yhqpzd9ngxyqdurcee93

"There is definitely concern there," Kingsbury said. "It's a quick turnaround after a physical game. We'll see how that progresses."

Peters, who is scheduled to become a free agent after the season, has dealt with injuries before, and his first season in Arizona in 2015 was derailed when he had a season-ending Achilles injury in training camp.

Since then, Peters has missed only six games in four-and-a-half seasons and evolved into one of the Cardinals' main leaders.

"Man, Corey is like my big brother," tackle D.J. Humphries said. "He's been around for my whole journey, the ups and the downs. To see him go down like that, it was really unfortunate. One thing I know about Corey, he's resilient and a tough guy. He's always going to be in good spirits.

"All of his wisdom he's can pass on to the guys, he's going to pass on. He'll always be a part of us, whichever way it goes."

INJURY UPDATE​

Neither the Cardinals or Seahawks practiced Monday but they were required to put out estimated injury reports, and both teams had lengthy lists.

For the Cardinals, listed as DNP were Peters, LB De'Vondre Campbell (calf), TE Darrell Daniels (ankle), G Justin Murray (hand), DL Jordan Phillips (hamstring), LB Haason Reddick (neck), S Jalen Thompson (shoulder), S Charles Washington (groin), TE Maxx Williams (ankle), WR Larry Fitzgerald (not-injury related) and Hopkins (not-injury related). Limited were S Budda Baker (groin), RB Kenyan Drake (ankle) and CB Dre Kirkpatrick (hamstring).

For the Seahawks, DNP were T Duane Brown (knee), RB Chris Carson (foot), CB Quinton Dunbar (knee), G Kyle Fuller (ankle), CB Shaquill Griffin (hamstring/concussion), WR Tyler Lockett (knee), C Ethan Pocic (concussion), DT Jarran Reed (hand) and CB Neiko Thorpe (core). Limited were RB Travis Homer (hand/thumb), RB Carlos Hyde (hamstring), DE Benson Mayowa (ankle), TE Greg Olsen (foot) and LB K.J. Wright (ankle).

PRACTICE SQUAD MOVES​

The Cardinals signed a pair of linebackers to the practice squad Monday. Stephone Anthony is a one-time first-round pick of the Dolphins. Terrance Smith is cousins with Hopkins and has know defensive line coach Brentson Buckner his whole life.

Continue reading...