Dennison Ready to Help O-Line Improve in 2019

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
ptgojvvmfpxp1taozgux

“And then certainly with Brian, you know, he’s very athletic, and he played well. The knock, ‘Well, he’s too light, not strong enough, not stout enough,’ but he’s really proven that to be wrong,” Dennison continued. “I think he’s done a great job, and again, just trying to get him to use his abilities to his utmost, just like Riley. You know, each player’s got different strengths and weaknesses, and we try to get them to exploit those strengths and work on the weaknesses.”

There is also plenty of depth behind the starters, as the rest of the offensive linemen include a mix of returners and fresh faces. Here is how the rest of the 10 players lined up during the spring.

Second-team, from left to right: Aviante Collins, Dakota Dozier, Brett Jones, Danny Isidora, Rashod Hill

Third-team, from left to right: Storm Norton, John Keenoy, Cornelius Edison, Dru Samia, Olisaemeka Udoh

Dennison is assisted by Andrew Janocko, who is in his fifth season in Minnesota. Janocko served as the Vikings co-assistant offensive line coach in 2018 after the tragic passing of Tony Sparano just before training camp.

“Obviously, the experience just around the players was invaluable when I first started, but Andrew’s a very smart guy,” Dennison said. “He’s a sponge for knowledge. You talk about technique, he’s all in. What have they done before? He’s been a great source.

“Because Tony, I had a lot of respect for Tony and his ability to coach, and [Andrew] was a sponge for knowledge from Tony,” Dennison added. “So I’m stealing some ideas from him as we go through, and it’s just been great for us to hash things back and forth. We watch practice together, we talk about what we’re going to try to do, how to get better in our drills each day.”