Diggs, Thielen Hopeful to Play Saturday vs. 49ers

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
gtmpmprstaibhbnr70ct

EAGAN, Minn. — One of the NFL’s top receiving duos had an eventful week, but don’t count them out for Saturday’s playoff game.

Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs both reiterated Thursday that are doing everything they can to be good to go against the 49ers in the Divisional round.

“Even if was 30 percent, I’d be out there,” Diggs said. “It’s football and it’s that time of the year. Nothing is going to be perfect, and a lot of guys have bumps and bruises. I won’t let a little flu keep me from the game.”

Thielen, who is listed as questionable on the final injury report, said he’s “just preparing to play in the game.

“For me, it’s just like anything – you do what you have to do every day to be there on Saturday and try to help this team win,” Thielen added.

Diggs missed practice on Tuesday and Wednesday with an illness. He returned for Thursday’s session.

“I had the flu. I’m back, though,” Diggs said. “I’m good.

“I had to take advantage of my time. If I wasn’t going to be out there physically, I had to brush up on what we’re doing and executing on the little things,” Diggs added. “This morning I came in and got some extra work in, just as far as making up for lost time.”