DJ Moore ready for his exciting new role

Sir Purr

Mar 16, 2019
aja0ukidrr8d7ye9cyin

CHARLOTTE – When DJ Moore was growing up in Philadelphia, he attended youth football camps just like the one he hosted Monday afternoon at Ardrey Kell High School in Ballantyne.

“I did a few camps when I was little. It was fun when I did them,” Moore recalled. “They had the fastest kid race, so I won that back in Philly.”

Now the 22-year-old former first-round pick is coaching up the kids and waiting to see who claims the title of fastest kid in Charlotte.

“Getting out in the community is fun… They can see me and how I am and how I act. I’m just fun and outgoing and love the kids,” Moore said. “I like the little kids a little bit more than the older kids because they listen and they follow direction instead of trying to do their own thing.”

Over 300 kids – ages ranging from first to eighth grade – signed up for Moore’s camp, which admittedly caught him off guard.

“I was like, ‘Uh, wow.’ I didn’t know I had that many little kid fan supporters,” Moore said. “That made me happy.”

But his biggest fan, of course, has yet to arrive. Moore recently announced on Instagram that he’s going to be a father.

“It was awesome. There ain’t too much you can say about it,” a smiling Moore said of getting the news. “Just got to take on the role and be the best dad you can be.”

And when it comes to his other job – making plays for the Panthers offense – Moore is looking for a lot more production in his second season.

“We saw the jump that Christian (McCaffrey) had from Year One to Year Two. I’m looking to take the same jump,” Moore said. “I know Curtis (Samuel) is looking to take the same jump from Year Two to Year Three. Everybody is just trying to get better.”