Do The Colts Have Another Day 2 Linebacker Gem In Bobby Okereke?

Blue

Mar 19, 2019
ubuwcvanh2cxzao3lvgc

Similar to Leonard, one concern for Okereke coming into the draft was that he does sometimes get stuck on blocks. He can be taught better hand-fighting techniques and how to use his leverage to get out of those situations.

He will also sometimes come in too hot in the run game, missing the ballcarrier. It’s easier said than done because it’s often based on instinct, but if Okereke can develop some better patience and discipline when approaching the ball, it could help clear up this area.

Linebacker is a crowded position group for the Colts, so you better be talented if you’re going to make the team and crack the lineup, and that should be the expectation for Okereke. One thing young players often have to learn to be accepting of is special teams play, and that’s already at the forefront of Okereke’s mind.

“Yeah, I mean I’ll obviously come in as a guy who can play on all four special teams and then just be a fast, athletic guy that can compete and just play wherever I’m needed,” he said.

Okereke has a lot of experience at WILL and MIKE already, but according to him, he is expected to play more MIKE for the Colts, although that situation could be fluid according to general manager Chris Ballard.