Drew Brees Plans To Play Against Cardinals

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
jmrbsc6m06lfo7wgeexs

CARDINALS BEST IN NFL AT PROTECTING THE FOOTBALL

The Cardinals went a third straight game without a turnover against the Giants. They have only four on the season, which is the lowest total in the NFL.

Quarterback Kyler Murray has been impressive for a rookie, as he has the 12th-lowest interception percentage in the NFL at 1.54 and has yet to lose a fumble.

“As many times as we’ve put the ball in his hands, and to have as few turnovers as he has, that’s a credit to him and the way he’s playing the game,” Kingsbury said. “Particularly (Sunday), you saw the nasty conditions, and he took care of the ball. That’s why we won the game. They had three (turnovers) and we had zero.”

Murray has totaled 121 rushing/passing attempts over the past three weeks without a turnover. He said Kingsbury has regularly stressed to him the importance of ball security and smart decisions.

“Turnovers are going to happen, negative plays are going to happen, but that was an emphasis for me,” Murray said. “On Sunday I had a couple, but limiting those. Just throw the ball away or throw it at someone’s feet if nothing’s there.”

CHRISTIAN KIRK GETTING CLOSER TO RETURN

Wide receiver Christian Kirk practiced in a limited capacity on Wednesday. He has missed the past three games with a high-ankle sprain, but Kingsbury said he’s making steady progress.

“I’d love to have him back (against New Orleans),” Kingsbury said before practice. “I’m not sure if he will be. We’re going to get him out there today and move him around, and hopefully we feel good about it.”

Running back David Johnson (ankle) did not practice, nor did linebacker Jordan Hicks (calf), running back D.J. Foster (hamstring) or defensive end Zach Allen (neck). Those limited along with Kirk were linebacker Dennis Gardeck (ankle), linebacker Haason Reddick (knee), linebacker Ezekiel Turner (hamstring) and tight end Maxx Williams (ankle).

Wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, defensive tackle Corey Peters and outside linebacker Terrell Suggs were given rest days.

For the Saints, tight end Jared Cook (ankle), safety J.T. Gray (ankle), cornerback Patrick Robinson (hamstring) and wide receiver Tre’Quan Smith (ankle) did not practice. Cornerback Eli Apple (knee) was limited.

Continue reading...