Easygoing Eno Benjamin Not Feeling Any Pressure

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
e8pvse3vszurgmsrpqtj

Eno Benjamin is not an uptight person, and right now, that could be a big benefit.

The rookie running back has only been practicing with the Cardinals for a couple weeks, but in this abbreviated training camp, cutdown day isn't far away.

The seventh-round pick out of Arizona State is battling for a spot on the 53-man roster, but the "free spirit," as coach Kliff Kingsbury calls him, is not obsessing over the looming decision.

"Is that an advantage? I'm not sure," Benjamin said. "I'm just going out there trying to do the little things right, and I'm just being myself around the guys. The guys have been really friendly, helping me out as much as possible. Not just the running backs; everyone on the offensive team. That makes it a lot easier as far as being a rookie trying to make the team."

Kenyan Drake and Chase Edmonds are the duo atop the depth chart, and Benjamin is projected to be the No. 3 back provided he beats out D.J. Foster for the role.

Kingsbury has been impressed by his vision early in camp.

"He has a knack for finding the hole, there's no doubt," Kingsbury said. "He definitely has a feel for the run game, and that's exciting to see where he can take this thing. He has to find a role in and contribute on special teams, and he knows that, but we like what we've seen so far."

Benjamin said mental preparation has helped him adjust to the speed of the NFL.

"It's a little bit different," Benjamin said. "(Rushing lanes) do close faster, but me, I'm a film guy. I like to read defenses and have the pre-snap reads. The way I think is, I should have an idea about where the (play) is going before the ball is even snapped. That helps me play faster."

Continue reading...