Elton John is coming to Bank of America Stadium

Sir Purr

Mar 16, 2019
huaxpiq1nh0s4ullcyqf

CHARLOTTE — The Rocket Man is landing at Bank of America Stadium.

Elton John has announced that Charlotte will be among the stops in the "Farewell Yellow Brick Road: The Final Tour in North America and Europe."

He'll play here on Sept. 18, 2022. Tickets go on sale to the public in North America on Wednesday, June 30 at 10 a.m. at EltonJohn.com. Fans can access an exclusive pre-sale on June 29 by signing up at https://www.panthers.com/stadium/concert-sign-up.

The tour kicks off in Frankfurt, Germany in May, and will wrap up with two nights in Los Angeles next November.

"I'm going to go out in the biggest possible way, performing at my very best, with the most spectacular production I've ever had, playing in places that have meant so much to me throughout my career," he said as part of the release of the 30-date tour. "Whether it's next summer in Frankfurt or at the legendary Dodger Stadium for the grand finale in the United States, I can't wait to see you all on the road one last time."

The legendary performer will draw from an incredible array of hits from his 50-plus years in music, including "Bennie and the Jets," "Rocket Man," "Tiny Dancer," and "Philadelphia Freedom."

The tour has been well-received around the globe, winning the 2020 iHeartRadio Music Award for "Tour Of The Year," 2020 Pollstar "Major Tour of the Year," and the 2019 Billboard Music Award for "Top Rock Tour."

It's the latest in a series of big events at Bank of America Stadium, including upcoming concerts by Garth Brooks and Billy Joel.