Filtered by the Fans: Harrison Smith's Pick Edges Out PBU Against Bears

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
cxmjya3hcrtf759xuh6j

Against the Bears, Wilson's tipped pass on a throw intended for Anthony Miller forced a Bears three-and-punt, and he also had a third-down sack of Foles earlier in the game.

Wonnum's takedown of Foles also occurred on third down and forced Chicago to punt the ball away to start the fourth quarter. It wasn't quite as exhilarating as his Week 8 sack of Aaron Rodgers on the final play of the game, but it impacted the game nonetheless.

In the comments section beneath the Twitter poll, @andrwolsn said, "I feel like Harry's plays were a lot more entertaining in isolation while Wonnum's sack was [clutch]."

Another fan opined, "The pick was awesome, [but] the pass breakup was a better play," and Canadian Vikings fan Marke Driesschen's written-in vote was for "all of the above."

There's no doubt about it – however the votes fell, all four of the defensive stops helped the Vikings notch their third straight win, all of them over NFC North opponents. If Minnesota's defense keeps clicking down the stretch, the Vikings will keep things interesting.

"I would say the intangible is literally just the energy that we decide to bring … before we show up to whatever stadium it is," Smith said after Monday's game. "I think it's a goofy year for everybody, and we're starting to have a little bit of a feeling about how to make our own energy and our own confidence, so I think we're starting to figure it out a little bit."