Final Thoughts: The Rush Plan for Rodgers Requires Smarts, Not Haste

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
sg4i0dfgiaxkgc79lrzl

Hidden offense

The Vikings offense scored four touchdowns last week. But doing so did not require offensive coordinator Kevin Stefanski to dive deeply into his playbook or bag of tricks. The first two touchdown drives totaled six plays, after all.

“We’ll take it,” Stefanski said. “Our special teams giving us the ball right there. The defense giving us the ball right there. So, being up 21-0 early like that was really unique. Again, we want to play complementary football and I would love for that to be an every-week thing. I don’t expect that, but we’re ready. When given the ball in short fields, we need to go get seven points, so that was our mentality.”

An added benefit to how the game unfolded for the Vikings offense is there was less for Green Bay’s defense to study as they prepared to host the Vikings.

“We specifically talked about that, Diggsy (Stefon Diggs) and Adam (Thielen) and I on the sideline during the second half of the ballgame,” Stefanski recalled. “We talked about all the things on that call sheet that we can save and hold for another week. Certainly, as a coach, you want to try all these things and in a game. You’d love to have 100 plays and try all these fun things you’ve been practicing on, but there is a level of trust in knowing that those plays are good and saved for another day.”