Greg Olsen, now the oldest guy on the team, still has more to accomplish

Sir Purr

Mar 16, 2019
bte9thavjpg8ajpzyhtd

“It’s been tough. It’s been a bad two seasons. That’s the reality of it,” said Olsen, who confirmed he is fully cleared for OTAs. “I know what I can do, I just have to stay on the field. Hopefully this little bone in my foot doesn’t keep breaking.

“I feel ready to rock,” he added. “I haven’t taken as many snaps over the last two years as I had prior, so maybe that’ll give me a little more juice at this part of my career.”

Olsen’s interest in one day pursuing a career in broadcasting has been widely discussed, and we all know he has what it takes to be a terrific analyst.

With that said, what’s motivating Olsen to keep playing?

“I still enjoy it," Olsen said. "I still enjoy the offseason workouts, enjoy the weight room and conditioning and running. That still is fun to me.

"I've had some cool opportunities to consider, but when it came down to it I still feel like I have a lot to accomplish in my career. The last two years haven’t been the way I would want to close out my career. There are a lot of things I set out for 13 years ago that I haven’t been able to quite achieve yet.”

Winning a Super Bowl obviously tops that list. Coming so close in 2015 only to be turned away in Super Bowl 50 against Denver has left a sour taste that can only be sweetened by a win on that same stage.

And then there are the individual pursuits. Olsen is currently eighth all-time in receiving yards by a tight end, and he wants to climb higher.