Grill Bill: After not drafting one, what's the plan now at safety?

Sir Purr

Mar 16, 2019
t534fefneyn8kjfpzywr

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

@youngandwrcklss Favorite underdog to make the 53 this year? Last year was Obada, this year is...?

Elijah Holyfield.

Yeah, his 4.78 40-yard dash at the combine likely sent him tumbling down draft boards, but the Panthers are thrilled they were able to land the rookie free agent. I usually try to temper expectations for undrafted guys. That this one has a recognizable name could lead to even more overexcitement. But Holyfield has a real shot to stick around.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

@peetree910 If the Number 2 pencil is the most used pencil in the world, why is it still number 2?

This made me laugh. But there is a reason.

@tvisgreat Are we intentionally targeting ex-AAF players?

With a league-leading eight ex-AAF signings, it’s not really a well-kept secret, eh?

Not like they needed to keep it all that secretive.

Think about it this way: Instead of adding a dozen or so undrafted rookies, they signed guys who are in more immediate playing shape and who have more recent tape. Plus, now when they're running out that third-string offensive line in the preseason, they're using guys who are a little more seasoned, which will ideally give them a better chance to evaluate other parts of the offense.

@CarolinaHuddle Do you admire Cersei or Daenerys more?

You can admire Cersei's scheming, but there's only one true khaleesi.

@JerryHughes101 What are you looking forward to the most during the London visit, a cup of tea or a pint?

I only drink tea if I have a sore throat. So by process of elimination …

Email from Aaron in England: Hi Bill, with the excellent news that we drafted Will Grier, this opens the door to introduce our American contingent to the masterpiece that is "Will Griggs on fire" a stadium song put together about a lower League soccer player in England. The adaptation has to be a matter of time! Will Grier's on , your defence is terrified!!

I wasn’t going to include this at first because the Grier stuff has already been blown out of proportion. But then I listened to the tune, and since it’s now stuck in my head, I’m going to try to put it in the rest of yours …