Grill Bill: EDGE is all the rage, but what about the interior?

Sir Purr

Mar 16, 2019
vfjjq3kf4quoc2ulmjcb

Second Round

13) Atlanta

14) Washington

15) Carolina

Third Round

13) Washington

14) Carolina

16) Atlanta

Fourth Round

13) Carolina

15) Atlanta

16) Green Bay (from Washington)

Fifth Round

14) Atlanta

15) Washington

16) Carolina

Sixth Round

13) Atlanta

14) Forfeited by Washington

15) Carolina

16) Tennessee (from Miami)

Seventh Round

13) Washington

14) Buffalo (from Carolina)

15) Detroit (from Miami)

16) Atlanta

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

@The_Brofessor _I get we are only half way through the plans for FA...but still no Free Safety signed is mind boggling.

Mind-boggling is a bit overdramatic. That’s not to say it’s not a need. Most reasonable folks would agree it’s the biggest need of any position outside either line. But just because the Panthers haven’t signed a safety doesn’t mean they haven’t talked to any or aren’t still considering available options.

Right now, though, I’d imagine free agent activity is on hold until they see how the draft plays out.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Website submission from Chris in Trinity, NC: Enjoy your column... About the schedule, I feel as though we have a tough road to make the playoffs with the strength of the schedule. Would love to start the season 2-0, but after the bye week, looks like we better be healthy or could experience Deja Vu, or similar. What are your thoughts?

Predicting how schedules will play out in April is like mock draft season. It’s fun fodder, but it’s mostly just filler. And for what it’s worth, the Panthers’ 2019 strength of schedule is tied with the Chargers for 16th.

Your point about the second half of the season is well taken. That stretch does appear tougher than the first. But look at all the travel in the first two months.

Ultimately, the NFL is hard, and the order of when you play teams shouldn’t have a huge effect on where you stand after 16 games.

Website submission from Kurt in Charlotte: The Panthers lost a compensatory pick in the draft by not waiting until May 7th to sign Chris Hogan. Smart decision in my opinion. Your thoughts?

I touched on this in the last Grill Bill. You can throw out any expectations for comp picks next year – and that was the case even before they signed Hogan.

First, adding Matt Paradis and Bruce Irvin will cancel out losing Thomas Davis and Devin Funchess. Then, Kenjon Barner, Chandler Cantanzaro, David Mayo and any other of Carolina’s current free agents won’t add much to the formula.

And now, the lightning round …

@glennma01 team have plans for 25th anniversary?

Yup. Stay tuned for those rollouts over the next few months.

@rock_lobster _Do you ever yearn?

Well, not recently. I craved. I crave all the time, constant craving. But I haven't yearned.

@JarrettGparker Are we getting a jersey revamping this year or should I file that away under reading too much in that “cryptic” @Panthers panthers Instagram post from a month or so ago?

I believe you’re referring to this: