Hear This: Larry Fitzgerald Honored For Trips To Help Hard Of Hearing

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
jpuhqtfbo8c9vef6hpnd

One of Larry Fitzgerald’s neighbors on the lake to which his Minnesota house backs up is a man named Bill Austin.

After the Cardinals wide receiver purchased the house about 10 years ago, he found his way to the Austin household. The intent was just to introduce himself. Instead, he found a charitable calling.

Austin and his wife, Tani, co-founded the Starkey Hearing Foundation, and convinced the NFL star to accompany them on one of their trips to other countries to give hearing aids to those who normally couldn’t get such help. All these years later, Fitzgerald has taken part in hearing missions well into the double-digits, efforts that will earn him the Foundation’s Caring Award at their annual benefit event Saturday night.

“Starkey brought me in as family and showed me globally how to have a profound impact on humanity just by being in touch with the basic needs of humanity,” Fitzgerald said in a text message. “From the first time having a person sitting in my chair who couldn’t hear to seeing the reaction after they were fit with hearing aids was profound.

“It touched me deeply.”

Continue reading...