Home Is Where The Kyler Murray Is, As Cardinals Blast Cowboys

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
aqw3zusvviw5x9app0gj

But if Murray was the story, the defense was the surprise twist. Baker had one of his best games, including his first NFL interception as the Cardinals forced four turnovers – one more than they had total in the first five games of the season. Defensive tackle Jordan Phillips, playing two days after the funeral for his father, led the way to a group that allowed only 49 yards rushing to Elliott.

Andy Dalton, starting at Cowboys quarterback after Dak Prescott broke his ankle, never really had a chance. He was sacked three times and picked off twice, and in the first half as the Cardinals built a 28-3 lead, he completed 15 passes – for only 82 yards.

"We just tried to show him different looks," Baker said. "We knew if we just showed our (regular) looks, he was going to dice us."

Instead, defensive coordinator Vance Joseph showed he was ready to deal with a unit without Joens at his disposal.

"VJ and his group had a good plan," Kingsbury said.

Kingsbury also had a history in the building. The last game he coached at Texas Tech was here, a loss to Baylor. But he insisted his greatest pleasure was watching his players.

"I was excited to see our team play on the Monday night stage," Kingsbury said. "That's what was meaningful to me."

It started with Murray. "He doesn't flinch," Kirk said, although Murray afterwards completed everyone but himself. He said he didn't even have words to describe how well the defense played, and lamented missed throws to Hopkins and Larry Fitzgerald – the latter of which would've been a touchdown.

He allowed himself a small smile when he was asked if he was able to enjoy the moment, back in this building, back in front of many family and friends among the 25,174 in attendance.

"Part of me wants to," Murray said, "but a lot of me is frustrated. It wasn't as good as it should've been."

Continue reading...