Ian Thomas taking advantage of another chance

Sir Purr

Mar 16, 2019
ecyfnzcefaplgutzyhau

He also has the frame for it.

At 6-foot-4, 260 pounds, Thomas has the closest thing to the classic tight end frame among the group, so it's clear why they'd like it to work out for him. Arnold's a leaner player with more of a resume as a receiver, and Tremble's a shorter player known for his blocking, so the opportunity to stand out is there if Thomas can grab it.

The tight end position as a whole is also a bit of a mixed bag of skill sets, with the group including former basketball players, and until earlier this week, a former quarterback. So finding someone who can do it all is difficult.

Thomas also recognizes that he's entering into the final year of his rookie contract, and that the additions of Arnold and Tremble mean he no longer has unlimited chances to prove himself.

"I took it upon myself to make myself better as a player," Thomas said. "That's every year in football. I've just got to go and play ball.

"Those guys are great guys and I'm glad they brought them in, but I'm here to play football and that's what Im going to do every day."

And while nothing is promised, Thomas is at least in a better position to prove himself this year.