In My Own Words feat. Charlie Woerner - Welcome to the Big League

Sourdough Sam

Mar 20, 2019
wh9mvwrzsjbmznu16knb

It's crazy to think that during my college years, I would put on tape and watch George Kittle plays from his first three seasons with the 49ers. Fast forward and here I am. He's my teammate and I'm getting to learn from him.

My first interaction with George came during our team Zoom calls. He was working out in his gym in his garage during the start of our call. It was definitely an interesting interaction, but his work ethic is probably what has made him so successful in the league.

We got a chance to meet face-to-face over the summer as I worked out with him in Nashville. He's a normal guy. Everyone knows he's very upbeat and he's got a wild side to him, but he's a really good dude. When you watch someone for so long in the NFL, you might think it's hard to relate to them. But I promise you, he's just a normal person like you and I. I'm happy to have met him and to be able to learn from him.

When I wasn't on Zoom calls, I was working out, studying plays on my iPad and planning a wedding. Yep, planning a wedding.

That was insane. My wife Sydney and I didn't think it was going to work out with so many changes happening due to COVID. Planning was super stressful. But in the end, it was very clear that God had a plan for me and my wife to have an awesome wedding day. Looking back I was like, "Why did we even worry?" because it was all in his hands. It was the most joyous day I've ever been a part of.