Inbox: If he isn't a disaster that day …

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
kri24bbbvyidbyja6y7z

Drew from Dubuque, IA

"Playbooks are constantly evolving in the NFL. LaFleur's will be no different." Nice Yogi-ism, Spoff. Reminds me of, "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded."

Speaking of unintentional fouls…

Brad from Crofton, MD

The knock on Aaron Rodgers his first couple years as the starter was that he could not win the close games. Fast forward to the 2019 season where he (the team really) was 8-1 in one-score games, and he (they) are accused of being a soft 13-3. Ironic, or just sad?

Meaningless. The perception of the 2019 Packers had/has a lot to do with the fact that three of their December wins (Washington, Chicago, Detroit) were viewed as games that shouldn't have been close. But they ended up one of the last two standing in the NFC, so it didn't matter then, and it matters even less now.

Kerry from New Richmond, WI

I believe that the Packers are a bit below the Chiefs, 49ers, Ravens, and Saints in terms of Super Bowl potential, but they still won 13 games last year. Adequate replacements for Martinez and Bulaga are required, but how can so many "experts" be putting them outside of the next group of contenders and even in the middle of the league in terms of preseason expectations?

Because then they'd be admitting all their blather about Rodgers being upset, LaFleur getting lucky and Gutekunst having a terrible draft is wrong.

Jeremiah from Denver, CO

Is it really possible in the NFL to be a fluke 13-3 team? Seriously, how many fluke things would it take to make an average team 13-3? It just seems to be a lazy argument. 2019's in the books and the Packers were among the best teams all season long. Regardless of W-L in 2020, and outside of improving the run defense, what would do the most to establish ML's Packers as here-to-stay contenders?

I shall channer my inner Dory. Just keep winning, just keep winning.

Ryan from Sun Prairie, WI

Bill from Des Moines, IA, got me wondering. Are there any plans to create virtual tours of some of the places at Lambeau that are not part of the tour? Coaches' offices, Wes, Mike, Hod's, and Spoff's office area, cafeteria, etc.?

Now we're treading into J. Peterman virtual reality territory? Oh boy.

John from Saint Charles, MN

Hi Mike and Wes. There may be another silver-lining point to the COVID-19 pandemic for the rookies. We always hear about "hitting the wall" during the rookie season. This has been attributed to playing a full season in college, maybe a bowl game, prepping for the combine and pro day, then straight into rookie camp, OTAs, training camp and then the season. Do you think this year the rookies may be a bit more rested, which may eliminate or at least push the "wall" later in their first season?

It can't hurt from a physical standpoint. Their bodies should be in better shape for the long haul. But where they'll be mentally in the early stages of the season with absorbing the playbook and adjusting to the speed of the game are legitimate questions.