Inbox: It's natural to hope he finally gets his breakthrough

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
xsz1hkwrbf0wkn7oogid

Dean from Leavenworth, IN

Read the NFL's updated COVID-19 protocols for training camp (and I assume the season) and I can't see how any player could justify not getting vaccinated. Not sure what percentage of the Packers' roster has been vaccinated at this point but I'm anticipating 100% by July 27. Is that reasonable? What are your expectations?

I have none, but the protocols clearly incentivize vaccination. Life will simply be harder and full of inconveniences for those who decline.

Sawyer from Simpsonville, SC

Far be it from me to tell Ben from Burlington he's wrong, but he is. The EEOC has ruled employers can require vaccinations and are allowed to require it of new hires. The airlines are already doing it in fact.

Wasn't aware of that. We stand corrected.

Scott from La Crosse, WI

With all of the conversation around best outdoor kickers I'm surprised Robbie Gould isn't being brought up. He is the only kicker I recall Aaron Rodgers giving a call out to besides Crosby. How do you rank Gould in terms of outdoor kickers?

Oh, he's right up there, and the Bears know they never should have moved on from him. But between the two I'd still give the nod to Mason Crosby.

Jared from Blue Bell, PA

I believe JK Scott completed a pass to Mason Crosby last year on a botched play turned trick play turned failed extra-point attempt. Doesn't No. 2 have the most recent reception for a single-digit-wearing Packer?

Technically no, because whether it's rushing attempts, passing attempts, completions or receptions, those don't exist statistically on PATs. If Davante Adams catches a pass on a two-point conversion, he does not get credited with a reception. He just gets two points if he reaches the end zone, none if he does not. No other stats are recorded.

Sandra from Menomonee Falls, WI

Why do you continue to report on the childish actions by both sides of the Rodgers holdout?

We aren't, unless I missed any headlines on our website regarding Mark Murphy's comments or Aaron Rodgers' T-shirts. We're acknowledging what's out there based on the questions submitted to this column, but we are not reporting on any of it.

Matt from Missoula, MT

Does Joe Barry coach from the sideline or in the booth during games?

I'm not sure. We'll find out during the preseason, I would imagine. He hasn't been a defensive coordinator since 2016 so he'll certainly be asked when the time comes.

Mike from St. Louis Park, MN

I've really enjoyed seeing the pictures of the Packers to wear (countdown to camp) jersey number. Everyday I'm amazed at how brief a stint some of these guys had in Green Bay. Many are names I remember fondly and I picture them having had long careers for the green and gold, but many have never gotten a second contract. Makes me appreciate "maximizing your potential earning" quite a bit more.

Indubitably.

Randy from Ooltewah, TN

How key will it be to the defense to have Kevin King produce a solid season? He seems like a forgotten man since Stokes was drafted, but I see him as a key component to the pass defense.

So do I. Last January's rough day in the NFC title game makes it easy to forget King led the team with five interceptions in 2019 (and should've had probably seven or eight). He missed some tackles on the perimeter last year he shouldn't have, and some injuries cropped up again after a healthy '19, but he was a solid cover corner until the last game. I'm very curious to see the battle between him and Stokes for the No. 2 spot, but whoever wins, there's plenty of reason to like the Packers' top four at the position heading into the season.