Inbox: That's not a concern right now

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
itncegkt7pka1vtonn2q

Dan from Kenosha, WI

Insiders, Anderson Cooper just crushing his "Jeopardy!" stint could not come at a better time! I also would like to say that this draft class has me more excited than any in recent memory. There are multiple immediate contributors in here. Which draft class most intrigued you in the 2000s (excluding 2005)?

At the time the picks were made, I'd probably say 2008. Two QBs were chosen as Aaron Rodgers was taking the reins (Brian Brohm, Matt Flynn), two early picks were used on promising offensive weapons (Jordy Nelson, Jermichael Finley, plus a late-round flyer on another receiver, Brett Swain), two really big guys were added up front in the middle rounds (Josh Sitton, Breno Giacomini), and the two defensive prospects (Pat Lee, Jeremy Thompson) would have some time to develop. Like any draft, not every pick worked out as planned or hoped, but I remember thinking at the time that was a whale of a draft for not even selecting anyone in the first round.

Ron from Bellaire, MI

Could you please explain the ramifications on the cap of a player being cut/traded pre and post June 1?

Before June 1, any prorated signing bonus of said player that has not yet counted against the salary cap accelerates and all counts that year. After June 1, the team has more flexibility to spread out the cap hits of "uncounted" bonus money over multiple years.

Dennis from Parrish, FL

Certain players in the NBA may change things, but in 100-plus years NO ONE has had as different a skill set as Barry Sanders and Lawrence Taylor. NOBODY!

I tend to agree, but why do you sound so angry about it? Just kidding. I feel privileged to have seen Sanders play live, and I regret not being able to say the same about Taylor.

Derek from Eau Claire, WI

I did a little research. Clarke Hinkle had 1,171 carries without fumbling and Bob Monnett carried 510 times without a fumble. Jamal Williams is third on that list in Packers history.

There we go.

Ryan from Appleton, WI

Has there been any announcement about whether or not fans will be allowed to attend minicamp or OTAs?

Nothing yet. As soon as there's an announcement on that front, it'll be on our website pronto.

Joe from Rhinelander, WI

Mike, the question that was asked a lot last fall was, "Did the Jordan Love draft pick light a fire under Aaron Rodgers?" The answer back then on this and other media outlets was usually, "No, Aaron is a professional and it is the second year in the LaFleur system." After what has transpired this offseason, would you answer that question any differently?

I believe when asked that question I said it would be only natural if it did have some effect, but we'll probably never know to what extent, and I wouldn't try to get inside Rodgers' head. I think that answer still holds.

Julian from Gastonia, NC

If the reigning MVP returns to run the Packers' offense, I'm already ready for the media jumping on every little drop-off they may sense in Rodgers' game. They of course will ignore the enormous challenges faced in the Packers' schedule, which include road games at the Ravens, Chiefs and Browns, etc. I suppose that goes with the territory, but understanding it's not always who you play but when you play them. Go Packers.

Rodgers already has dealt with that for years. So has Brady. So did Brees, Rivers, Manning, you name 'em. Tale as old as time.