Inbox: That's what this game is all about

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
jimagpblpzo12ctqiz47

Nathan from Lino Lakes, MN

Can you update me on the status of Jordan Love? Can he play in a pinch if needed? Is he inactive completely? If both QBs get COVID, is Love available on short notice?

Yeah. Love is on the 53-man roster. He just hasn't been active on game day.

Nathan from Philadelphia, PA

Are we sure the Vikings aren't that good when they nearly beat the Titans and Seahawks, who clearly are good?

Outsiders love to toss labels like "good" and "bad" on teams but I promise you Matt LaFleur and his coaches aren't thinking in those terms. The Packers need to beat the Vikings Sunday and they're ready for Minnesota's best effort. That's it. The rest is noise pollution.

Arthur from Altoona, WI

I have a helmet question. Why do some helmets look like they have a trapdoor on the crown? Is that an access to make adjustments or for something else?

They used to refer to those as the "Speed Flex" helmets, which started around 2013 or so. I'm not sure what they're called these days but that modification provides more give in the helmet to help prevent concussions and serious head/neck injuries.

David from San Francisco, CA

Maybe I'm alone on this one, but I'd rather see the Seahawks win and give us an opportunity next week to squarely knock SF out of the playoff picture early.

That doesn't make any sense to me. You wanna knock a team out of the playoffs that you've now proven you can beat?

George from Beaverton, OR

If Mason Crosby was ever hurt in-game, who could take over the kicking duties?

First, I have to say I've been to Beaverton. Lovely place. I took a photo at the welcome center. JK Scott would handle kicks if Crosby were ever unable to finish a game.

Jeff from Belton, TX

Do you think this is going to be the busiest trade deadline for the NFL? What is the rule involving teams releasing players after the trade deadline? Are those players eligible for the playoffs or is there a deadline like other sports?

I expect it to be the typical trade deadline – a few trades. Nothing earthshattering. And any player released after the trade deadline is subject to waivers. That's how the Packers got Jared Veldheer last season.

Barry from De Pere, WI

Powerful interview with Bill Curry today on NFL.com, speaking of Willie Davis, Lombardi, and others enlightening him on the field and off during civil rights struggles then and today. Judy Battista nailed it, much like you guys with your long-form stories. Makes me proud of my team and its history.

Anytime there's a story or video on Bill Curry I make it a point to click on it. I love his backstory and his posts on social media.

John from Charlottesville, VA

Not a question just, wanted to share my favorite hustle play of all time by my favorite player of all time: 2006 Packers vs. 49ers, Al Harris from the back side of the play runs down Frank Gore to push him out of bounds at the 1-yard line saving a 75-yard TD run. The defense holds on the goal line to hold SF to a field goal and set the tone for the day.

And here we are in 2020…and Gore is still a starting NFL running back.

Rod from Chugiak, AK

How about Rodgers' tackle of Urlacher, following the interception AR the only Packer between BU and end zone?

I do remember that one.