Inbox: That’s how every undrafted player should approach it

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
w2f8iheppzcc3laivoum

Tony from Eden Prairie, MN

Considering the two first-round draft picks, could you see the Packers trading back and picking up picks in future years again?

We’ll see. Personally, I’d like to see the Packers use both. If you keep kicking the can down the road, you’re eventually going to hit a wall.

Kevin from Jupiter, FL

Wow, when I read your answer to Ric from Longmont I thought what is he talking about? On Thursday, I checked out ticket prices for that game and they started at $106 per ticket. After I read the question, I went back and the tickets are starting at $250 per. I guess I should have bought my tickets on Thursday.

Supply and demand. Variable ticket pricing is real, y’all.

Abiegail from Santa Clarita, CA

Minutes after the NFL schedule release, I started looking for Packers vs. Chargers tickets. Within the first hour, the Packers’ side of the stadium has sold out. I was able to score front-row tickets on the Chargers’ side. Don’t worry, Spoff, it’ll be Lambeau West again!

I don’t doubt it. I think an argument can be made L.A. has been a bit more welcoming to the Rams than the Chargers and the Packers fans still flooded the 90,000-seat Coliseum. Do you think Chargers fans are going to buy $250 single-game tickets in a 27,000-seat venue?

Ryan from Plymouth, MN

Speaking of weird schedules, the 2019 Buccaneers will go six weeks without playing a game in Tampa Bay. In Week 4, they go to L.A. to play the Rams, which is followed by a trip to New Orleans in Week 5. Week 6 is technically a "home game," but it's in London (they play the Panthers). They have their bye in Week 7, and then they travel to play Tennessee and Seattle in Weeks 8 and 9, respectively. All told, they will not play in their own stadium at all between Sept. 22 and Nov. 10.

I think it’s safe to say the Buccaneers got the shortest of all 32 sticks the NFL distributed to teams Wednesday.

Bret from Hertel, WI

Would you trade your first-round pick next year and a fourth-round pick this year to move into the first round of this year's draft? And is that possible or too low of a trade value? Happy Easter!

Not this year. I’d approve if it’s a team coming off an NFC title game and the front office feels there’s a specific player available to put you over the top like New Orleans last year. However, there’s risk involved with that decision, too.

Ross from Roswell, GA

If, by chance, the Cardinals don't pick Kyler Murray and he is there at No. 12, would the Packers take him or would the trade value there be too high to not move down?

There’s drafting for value and drafting for quarterbacks, so I see no way Murray is available when the Packers go on the clock. But for clicks and Googles, let’s say he’s somehow still on the board. If I’m Brian Gutekunst, I’m on the phone with teams in desperate need of a quarterback and seeking a king’s ransom for that No. 12 pick.