Inbox: The Packers always endure

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
qawndqu1et7bvw9jicxj

10) If you are at Lambeau Field, what is your favorite thing to do on game day?

Dan from Morehead City, NC

When I go to a game is to make several laps around Lambeau and talk with fans and observe others tailgating. One memory of this was when I picked up a friend to go to the game and he came out wearing a Santa Claus suit. I thought it was kind of dumb. However, on our first and only lap that day, every child and young lady we came to wanted a picture sitting in Santa's lap with the stadium in the background. He probably sat for over a hundred pictures that day. He had the best time and I was so jealous.

Jim from Mazeppa, MN

Is there any answer besides tailgating? Sure, Packer Pro Shop and Hall of Fame are awesome, but being a Packer means tailgating, eating some brats, using koozy cups on your beer so it doesn't freeze too fast, sharing your food with others, and meeting new Packer fans.

Rob from Wilmington, NC

Talk to fans from the visiting team to get their perspective.

Amy from Bayport, MN

Exuberantly signaling every first down in perfect time with the announcement using my giant foam first down finger. High-fiving everyone in reach after a touchdown (usually with said foam finger). And celebrating a win.

Gretchen from Dousman, WI

It’s training camp. I grew up in Green Bay during the Lombardi years. My dad was the star of his high school football team in the late 1930s and he earned a football scholarship to UW-Madison. Football was a huge part of our family culture. Dad would bring us to practice. We just parked alongside the street and watched from the car, or sat in the grass together while dad told us who to watch and why. We lost him way too early, so being at camp and watching the young families there bring him back to me. The bike riding tradition is fantastic and the whole experience is heartwarming for me. Nobody ever loses at training camp!

Liam from Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Staying till the final whistle regardless of the score. I’m always a little annoyed at fans that leave early when the going is tough. You stay till the end to celebrate a win and you should also stay till the end to show your support during tougher times.

Laura from Milwaukee, WI

Entering the club level elevator and traveling to the very top. The view over the entire stadium and Green Bay itself is hard to beat.

Jonnie from Garden City, MI

I love chanting "Go Pack Go" at Lambeau. At that point, the differences between me and my fellow fans drop into the background and we all hope that the players feel bolstered by the will of the crowd, that they execute the jobs that they have been assigned, that they make a play that will make a difference by beating the man across from them.

11) Give one word that best describes the Packers.

Greg from Bordentown, NJ

Hey Wes, Happy Fourth of July! My one word to describe the Packers is: “Enduring.” I thought of using "new" to celebrate 2019 with a Vic-ism, but "enduring" captures the spirit of all Packers history in my mind. Whether it was the early legends helping a small market survive, trudging through the doldrums of the 70s and 80s, Favre fighting through injury and loss, or the organization and fans weathering 2017 and 2018...the Packers always endure.

Jeremiah from Madison, WI

Quintessential.

Jack from Naperville, IL

Tradition. The 2017-18 seasons haven't ended well, but they haven't taken away the family get-togethers, the Sunday morning prep of deep-frying the wings, the Bags at halftime, the 620 pre-and-postgame broadcasts, the countless workday commutes with “Unscripted.” As I like to say: Win or lose, the beer still tastes the same.

Jan from Flat Rock, NC

"Iconic” with the unique ownership structure, the venue, history, and legendary coaches, players, and fan base; the Packers are a one-of-a-kind sports phenomenon that will never be duplicated anywhere!

Scott from Charlottesville, VA

Peter from Huntley, IL

Answer: "Everywhere.” I have been to many places in this great land of ours....Tombstone, Arizona, Portland, Oregon, Ann Arbor, Michigan, the Florida Keys, the Green Mountain State, Washington, D.C., Louisville, Kentucky.....and everywhere I go I always run into Packers fans. Greatest fans ever!!!!!!!!!

Michael from Savage, MN

Historical.

Bret from Hertel, WI

Family. Thanks for letting us be a part of the greatest organization in professional sports.

Ted from Overland Park, KS

Revitalized.

Brian from Twain Harte, CA

Describe the Packers in one word: Indubitable.