Inbox: They all have a shot at making an immediate impact

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
nej3yd2xejmiots8meoa

Josh from Platteville, WI

Me and my family are going to spend some time in Door County and will be stopping at Lambeau and Titletown on the way up. Anything going on the week of June 14, as far as practices we could attend?

Unfortunately, practices have not been open to the public since the Packers are using Hinkle Field for OTAs (less space means less social distancing). If you drive over at the right time, however, you might catch Spoff signing autographs.

Richie from Oceanside, CA

I'm planning a visit to Green Bay for the first time and have heard about an eatery called Chili Johns. I think John Madden had commented once that he never missed an opportunity to go there when he was in Green Bay. Do either of you know of or would recommend it? I'm a huge spaghetti and chili fan!

I'm a huge fan of Chili Johns, though my diet only allows me to eat there once, maybe twice, a year. But I've been eating there since I was a Baby Hod.

Allan from Lugoff, SC

To backstop Scott from N'rleans, I concur...I retired from the Army in 2011 and immediately went to Afghanistan as a government contractor. As a lifelong and heavily deployed Packer fan, it wasn't always easy to track on the team. Due to magic of the internet, I was watching the "Fail Mary" game and we all know how that ended. As I was ranting and raving, I heard a knock on my door. It was the new FOB commander wondering what the heck was going on!

And that poor soul had no idea the rant they were about to walk into.

Mike from Fort Wayne, IN

Working in an elementary school for many years, pizza and taco day were the students' favorite lunch menus. I know the Packer players probably have strict nutritional goals to meet and lots of food options to choose from, but is there a day or menu item not available all the time that the players look forward to? Also, has there ever been a food fight during your time covering the team?

For me, it was braised short ribs but I think sushi day was always a popular one with players.

David from San Antonio, TX

Wes, I remain impressed with the media covering the Packers. Great questions and follow-up questions. Is there a sense of camaraderie and pride within the group? Is it competitive? Thanks!

I'd like to think so. I haven't covered another NFL media market but I thoroughly enjoy my fellow humans on the Packers' beat. Well, besides Demoski. OK, folks. Quadford will take you the rest of the way this week. Have a fantastic weekend.

HAVE A QUESTION?