Inbox: They should be better at the process a second time

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
zdydasylguafgucdzvvv

Dear Mike or Wes, what player or players have the most to gain from a new offensive system?

Would it be crazy if I said Aaron Rodgers? I think the freshness of it all at this stage of his career could be a really good thing.

Geoff from Omaha, NE

If you could do a cameo in one show or movie, present or past, what would it be?

Definitely “Seinfeld.” I’d want to be a customer waiting in line to approach the Soup Nazi.

Amy from Bayport, MN

Speaking of new paint on the walls, I was catching up on video and in LaFleur’s press conference when asked about the new full-size field in the Don Hutson Center he said he hadn’t seen the field previously when it was split into two smaller fields. I assumed the new looks to the facilities had been orchestrated by the new head coach. Did he authorize those changes sight unseen or was someone else responsible for the remodel?

I believe the full turf replacement in the Hutson Center was happening regardless, based on the age of the previous surface, so he had authority over how the new turf would be painted.

Andrew from Cincinnati, OH

All these questions about Woodson has got me wondering. He beat out Manning for a Heisman Trophy. How did they do against each other in the pros? W/L or number of interceptions/sacks would be great to know. Also, where would I go to find that sort of info in the future?

Pro Football Reference’s website has a handy way you can look at any player’s games in his career against certain teams. If I cross-checked Woodson and Manning correctly, I found nine games they went head-to-head. Interestingly, Woodson never intercepted him until the ninth and final game (Oakland v. Denver, 2015), and then got him twice.

Tonua from Ankeny, IA

Why do you think they haven’t signed Sternberger yet, but have signed later picks and free agents? Do you anticipate a contract?

It’ll get done in due time.

Dan from Rice Lake, WI

Interesting insight, re: the inevitable elimination of the three-point stance. Why? Reduce the "burst" off the snap to reduce collisions and, therefore, injuries? How would we address the automatic loss of leverage for the nose guard against the center?

A lot of medical research is pointing to the danger of not just concussions, but repeated, non-concussive blows to the head. Helmet-to-helmet contact would be significantly reduced if only two-point stances were allowed. Vic mentioned it years ago as the move that could ultimately be necessary to save the sport. I tend to agree, though I have no idea when it will happen.

Dale from Fort Atkinson, WI

Just wondering if you guys proofread the Inbox for grammar, spelling and punctuation (not content). If not, I am even more impressed with Pack fans!

Ha, good one.