Indianapolis Colts 2020 Mock Draft Monday: March 16

Blue

Mar 19, 2019
bubotmtmt01b7gr1knga

Selection: Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina

Date of mock draft: March 12 (link)

Analysis: _"Once again I have the Colts selecting South Carolina's Javon Kinlaw, who I've been sold on for quite a few weeks. Other than Chase Young, Isaiah Simmons, (who could be within reach of a Colts' trade) and Joe Burrow (who wouldn't) I can't think of a better, fundamentally solid pick for the Colts. This kid can play all over the defensive front and potential cause pure mayhem. 1-gap or 2-gap, doesn't matter, just line him up somewhere and let him go! He had around 40 QB pressures during the 2019 season, and that's playing mostly against the talent lining up across from him in the SEC. Incredibly strong, powerful, long and quick, Kinlaw could provide Indy with the kind of versatility up front that they've been looking for these past few years. Kinlaw, along with Kemoko Turay, who gave us a glimpse of what his future could be at Defensive End. The Colts will likely part ways with some DL veterans (Jabaal Sheard, Justin Houston and Denico Autry) who are aging and at the end of contracts. But Kinlaw would be an incredible addition given his potential, talent and his desire to complete an incredible life journey that defies imagination. Indy's GM, Chris Ballard, could seek help in Free Agency if they're not planning on using multiple selections for DL in the draft. At any rate, the focus on the interior portion of the defensive line is the priority - outside of a RD1 QB selection." _