Injury Report: Broncos think WR Tim Patrick will 'be available' vs. Minnesota

Miles

Mar 18, 2019
smopdv2lzn92zcllbztr

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. Wide receiver Tim Patrick "looked good" in practice Tuesday and could be ready for Denver's Week 11 game in Minnesota, Head Coach Vic Fangio said Wednesday.

"I think he'll be available to play this week," Fangio said.

Patrick suffered a hand injury against the Raiders in Week 1 and has not played since he exited that game.

The Broncos must officially add him to the active roster before Sunday's game in order for him to play. The team would also need to make a corresponding roster move.

"He’s great," said Brandon Allen of what Patrick could bring to the offense. "In the short time I’ve been with him he’s been great, obviously knows the offense. He’s been here and he’s a big, physical target. Any time you have two of those guys like Courtland [Sutton] and him, it’s going to be a mismatch for a lot of defenses, and I think he’ll bring another element to our offense.”

Patrick was not listed on Wednesday's injury report, as he is not yet on the team's roster. He joined most of the roster at practice, though. Only cornerback Bryce Callahan (foot) did not participate.

Fangio said Callahan looked "just OK, not great" during Tuesday's practice, and that the Broncos may try to have him practice again Thursday.

The Broncos "could be" approaching a decision regarding whether to place Callahan on injured reserve, Fangio said. The Broncos do not have a set date by which they would like to decide.

Tight end Jeff Heuerman (knee), safety Will Parks (hand) and tackle Ja'Wuan James (knee) all participated in the stretching portion of practice, which is open to the media.

"James is going to do a little bit of stuff today; more in the individual part of practice," Fangio said. "Heuerman is progressing nicely. ... We’re hopeful that his practice will pick up starting tomorrow.”

Heuerman and James were both listed as limited, while Parks was a full participant.