Instant Reaction: Colts Sign Veteran Quarterback Philip Rivers

Blue

Mar 19, 2019
oysndzgvlhvkdlqzerup

Rivers spoke with the media on Saturday afternoon following the announcement of his signing:

"I'm super excited and thankful to Mr. Irsay, Chris Ballard and Frank (Reich). (I'm) super excited to be apart of the organization. Can't wait to get up there when the time is right and it works out."

"They've got a heck of a football team. We played 'em last year in the opener. It was a heck of a game. I've certainly respected the organization from afar for a long time, way back many, many years. Certainly now with Chris Ballard as the GM, I've had some experience with Frank Reich, Nick Sirianni and Jason Michael, those guys at different times I was with in San Diego. I certainly believe in Frank as a leader and as a coach. And as I said, the football team. I hear it's a heck of a locker room, and I know it's a heck of a team just from seeing 'em compete each year, especially these past couple with this new regime. That kind of sums it up. I'm excited to be apart of it, and be apart of those guys to try and help us get to the top."