Isaiah McDuffie brings 'workhorse' mentality as rookie linebacker

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
afzx2aneijyb0aoe4ho5

GREEN BAY – The videos showed up in waves on Sean Duggan's phone, and he didn't even ask for them.

Last spring during the offseason of quarantine, the new linebackers coach at Boston College would regularly get barrages of texts and video clips from one of his players, Isaiah McDuffie.

Because he couldn't be with his teammates, McDuffie spent a lot of time working out at his old high school field in Buffalo with his dad, Steve, his high school coach.

McDuffie would videotape the workouts – by either propping up his phone on a water bottle at a bad angle, or having his dad do the recordings – and send them to Duggan to critique. No matter the response, before long, inevitably another wave of videos would be on its way.

"He was always constantly wanting feedback, wanting to do better, wanting to know if there were any more drills he could do," Duggan said in a phone interview with packers.com to talk about the linebacker the Packers drafted in the sixth round.

"He'd send me like 10 a day. He would say, 'I've been at the field for four hours.' I would always just send back, 'Do you ever stop working? Do you ever take a break?' Yeah, he's a workhorse."

Apparently, but McDuffie was driven to not waste any opportunity at Boston College, not after missing the bulk of the 2019 season due to a knee injury sustained in spring practice.