Joe Horn ready to see his son make his own name

Sir Purr

Mar 16, 2019
m0lpnkh1xogi3hwgiern

Of course, fathers and sons are never the same, so dad said not to expect Jaycee to mimic his personality, for a pragmatic reason.

"Oh, he has it in him; he's a dog, no, he's a lion," Joe said. "But he's not going to risk all that money to do it the way I did.

"He's too frugal. Getting fined $15,000 or $20,000 would just piss him off."

The pitfalls of paying money to make a scene wasn't the only conversation about NFL life they've had over the years. When asked about the process of raising a first-round pick, Joe admits that he used his own career as an example — and not always a positive one.

"I told him, and he knows, all the things I didn't do the right way, you have to be best at," Joe said. "You have to be on time every day, you have to do what the coach asks every day, and you have to make plays. . . . All the small things, like me not watching enough film. Jaycee's the first one in, and the last one to leave, and he's watching film when he's at the house with me. He's a student. I can tell you when I was playing, I never studied a DB when I was at home.

"That's not a problem for him. Jaycee understands what he has to do, and he lives it."