Joe Staley, Kyle Juszczyk Plan to Play in Week 10 vs. Seahawks

Sourdough Sam

Mar 20, 2019
t8tzngvoxl5lajeld0g3

The San Francisco 49ers received good news ahead of their first practice of the week. San Francisco will be bringing in reinforcements ahead of their Week 10 primetime matchup against the Seattle Seahawks. Joe Staley, Mike McGlinchey and Kyle Juszczyk (knee) were all on hand for Tuesday’s bonus practice.

The 49ers were without Staley since Week 2 with a broken fibula. According to the veteran left tackle, as long as there are no setbacks this week, his plan is to play on Monday night. Staley returned to practice in Week 8, however was held out of the 49ers last two games due to a short week ahead of the “Thursday Night Football” contest against the Arizona Cardinals.

“I wasn’t going to say it at the time, but there were no real aspirations to play,” Staley said. “I was just kind of doing what I could do and trying to push it as much as I could push it. There was no timetable. This was the game that we were all looking for.”

The same goes for San Francisco’s fullback who suffered a knee injury in the 49ers last Monday night contest against the Cleveland Browns. Juszczyk said he feels “fresh” following his four-game absence and is eager to return ahead of the divisional matchup.

As for McGlinchey, the second-year tackle underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right knee following the Week 5 win against the Browns. The right tackle said his hope is to be ready to go as soon as possible. Despite returning to practice, McGlinchey didn’t confirm whether he will be on hand for Monday’s game. According to McGlinchey, his goal this week is to get his “wind back.”

In other news, the 49ers opened the practice window for tight end Garrett Celek, who remains on the Physically Unable to Perform List. Celek was placed on PUP while working his way back from offseason back surgery. San Francisco has three weeks to upgrade the tight end to the active roster or place him on injured reserve.

While San Francisco received several starters back, George Kittle (knee), Ahkello Witherspoon (foot) and Levine Toilolo (groin) were all non-participants on Tuesday.