Jordan Love grateful for his 'crazy journey' to Green Bay

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
btjt3lfhuowqbvlmade5

It has included a lot of personal and professional triumphs. Love lost his father when he was only 14, an earth-rattling event that caused him to lean heavily on family, friends and football to pull through it.

On the football field, Love was a mostly overlooked prospect. Despite throwing for 2,148 yards as a senior and leading Liberty (Calif.) High School to its first-ever Central Sectional Division I Championship, Love's only significant college offer came from Utah State.

He took that lone opportunity and ran with it, breaking into the starting lineup as a redshirt freshman in 2017. Love proceeded to start his final 32 games for the Aggies, setting school records with 9,003 total yards and 12 career 300-yard passing games.

As a redshirt sophomore, Love established himself as one of the country's top quarterback prospects after throwing for 3,567 yards, 32 touchdowns and only six interceptions. He chose to declare for this year's draft after throwing for another 3,400 yards and 20 touchdowns this past year.

"As far as his skill set, he's a very natural thrower, can make all the throws, he's a very good athlete, he has the kind of size we look for," said Gutekunst, who watched Love live against LSU this past year. "I just think there's some rawness to him, but I just think he's got everything in front of him. And we really like the guy."