Justin Jefferson's Historic Start Overshadowed by Vikings Loss

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
fvfzaqbbrcefkkkyl1jd

"That's just the start of everything," Jefferson said. "[Vikings Offensive Coordinator Gary] Kubiak gave me the opportunity to start today, and I made the opportunity count. It would just be better with a W."

The Vikings started Jefferson opposite Adam Thielen on Sunday. According to Head Coach Mike Zimmer, he earned the spot after a good week of practice.

"He practiced well, caught a lot of balls this week in practice, so I think that carried over," Zimmer said.

Added Cousins: "[Justin] had a great game today. Really proud of the way he played, proud of him, and look forward to continue to build together moving forward."

Jefferson said it's been important to prepare for each game as if he'll start.

"Every week, I have that mindset to go out there and make those plays count," he said. "As soon as they call my number, just go out there and do what I'm supposed to do. Of course, teams have been looking at Adam [Thielen] and kind of keeping a safety on Adam. That was just one of the reasons why Coach Kubiak and everybody else on this offense is looking for somebody else to bring big plays to the team. That's just what I did today, and I just really want to bring my team to success."