Justin Jefferson Breaks Down 1st Career TD on 'Under Center with Kirk Cousins'

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
fqqh2yzwfsvh3p73wczu

Heading into Week 3, Vikings Offensive Coordinator Gary Kubiak told Jefferson he would be starting.

"The first two weeks was me just really getting a taste of the NFL," Jefferson said. "It's just the circumstances that we are in with no preseason games and me just waiting my turn.

"Coach Kubiak just said to me that I was going to go out there and start … so me just being the person that I am, I wanted to take that opportunity and run with it," Jefferson said. "Hopefully we just come out with a win next time."

After hauling in the deep pass going from the left to right side of the field, Jefferson reversed course at the Tennessee sideline, caused two Titans defenders to collide and glided into the end zone. He began doing his touchdown dance, "The Griddy" at the 4-yard line.

"You know 'The Griddy' came from my hometown in New Orleans," Jefferson said. "Really, we just took it from LSU, and we brought it to the league. Now, all around the world, teams are doing it, and I had to make something special about it because everybody has been doing it. I had to make sure I was the big dog of the dance."

One of the players who was the first to join him in the end zone was Vikings veteran wideout Adam Thielen. Jefferson spoke about what he has learned from Thielen so far.