Kenny Clark, Packers 'angry' about poor run defense

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
asgv8cytxfbjgwcy7ta3

Clark stressed that's a burden each individual carries, to execute assignments so teammates can count on one another.

"It's not just on everybody else. It's including me," Clark said. "I've got to do a better job of doing my job and helping everybody else out, and the other 10 guys, we've all got to do our job and help each other out."

As mild-mannered off the field as they come, Clark didn't get agitated or animated talking about it, but it was clear the frustrations have reached a certain level.

The defense isn't generating the sacks or the takeaways it did last year, either, but Clark delivered a dose of reality that those stats won't change if what happened this past Sunday doesn't change.

"As far as having the pass rush, turnovers, all that stuff … we can cover against anybody, we can rush against anybody, the only way we're going to be able to have those opportunities is if we're able to stop the run," he said. "We ain't going to do what we want to do unless we stop the run.

"That's been my main focus. I ain't focused on pass rush, I ain't focused on nothin' – my main message to everybody is we ain't going to get where we want to be unless we can stop the run.

"So everybody's got to get their mind right."