Kevin White Learning How To Re-Start NFL Career

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
bachgebsaotlgnt8vrap

Anger accompanied the injuries, White acknowledged. But now, White speaks measured and eloquently about his path, emphasizing he uses it as “fuel to push me forward.”

“Something like that is something you can’t ever forget,” White said. “I think it shaped me into the man I am today, mentally and physically. Do I wish things were different and I didn’t get hurt? Of course. I’d be more successful. But I think it showed me some things within myself, and with the people that are truly in my corner, how much this means to them and to me.”

The Cardinals were an ideal spot. Not only is there opportunity at wide receiver give depth issues, but Kliff Kingsbury is the coach. Kingsbury has shown he can run an offense in which receivers can thrive, and besides, Kingsbury broke into coaching when he was hired by Dana Holgorson at the University of Houston – the same Holgorson who coached White at West Virginia.

“They speak the world of (White),” Kingsbury said. “That’s what we have seen: hard working, focused, wants to be great. He has a lot to prove obviously, but he has a great skillset. That big and that fast, we’re excited to see what he can be.”

White’s draft status no longer means anything. The contract he signed makes it easy for the Cardinals to let him go at the end of the preseason if he isn’t working out. But for a team that needs receivers, White remains intriguing. White sees the same, whether it be Kingsbury’s presence, opportunity, or the chance to work with and learn from Larry Fitzgerald.

“Everything fits like a puzzle,” he said.

With the trio of rookies and his own backstory, White knows it’s easy to forget about him. That’s only natural, he admitted.

“I don’t take it personally,” White said. “If a player missed a year, that player is forgotten about. Out of sight, out of mind. For me it was three years in a row, and then last year happened.

“You’ve got to be careful for the ones you don’t see. I’m just working and grinding, and I try to use a lot of things to fuel me.”

Continue reading...