Kyle Allen is now "the guy," but he maintains his approach won't change

Sir Purr

Mar 16, 2019
hat0vhrqcnf0j0j1xcjk

Allen’s play has been far from flawless, but the fact remains he’s 6-1 as a starter.

Head coach Ron Rivera said he thinks clarity with quarterback situation will help Allen, but the second-year signal caller insists it was never a distraction.

“Nothing has changed. You guys don’t believe me on this, but I prepare the same way every week,” Allen said. “I was never looking over my shoulder, honestly.”

This week is a big one for Allen, who has family from Milwaukee and grew up a Packer fan watching Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers light it up at Lambeau Field.

On Sunday, he’ll step inside frigid Lambeau Field for the first time and duel Rodgers, widely considered the gold standard at the quarterback position.

“Obviously Lambeau Field has so much history behind it. Rodgers is a fantastic player, been playing there forever, a Super Bowl champion. Yeah, there is a lot of cool stuff going on,” Allen said. “But you get caught up in all that and really what it comes down to is the simple stuff and execution.”

The little things – that’s where Allen thinks he’s made considerable strides over the past few weeks.