Kyle Pitts could be this draft's 'unicorn'

Sir Purr

Mar 16, 2019
nnzga0uzr4opopcrpoam

Pressed for a weakness, he mentioned not being happy with his hand placement as a run blocker, but that's a brush stroke on a Mona Lisa, as Pitts is the kind of rare player the league's looking for. With tight ends such as Travis Kelce and George Kittle changing modern passing games, Pitts could be the next step in the evolution.

He pairs his ability to run with a 6-foot-5 5/8 frame, with an 83 3/8-inch wingspan, making him a speed mismatch for most linebackers, and a size mismatch for most defensive backs.

"I think he's an elite wide receiver and I think he's an elite tight end," Florida coach Dan Mullen said of Pitts. "And when you're that, that's what causes the problem of what personnel grouping are you in, who you're going to match up against him? I was in a meeting one day and (someone said) he's kind of like a unicorn and the only way you can defend a unicorn is with another unicorn, so if you don't have a unicorn on defense you've got a problem. . .

"He's such a dynamic player and he has so much versatility. Not only is he a great person to be around as a coach, when you're in the meeting room and you're designing a game plan, but he's awful fun to have that little spot that you can go put up on the board and say, 'That's him and how are we going to move him around?' That's a lot of fun, too."

Unless you're trying to cover him.