Kyler Murray Among Six Draftees To Sign Cardinals Contract

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
gz5q0mthhvwrfxmrytjs

The Cardinals rookies arrived Thursday, and already more than half the draft class are signed to their contracts – including No. 1 overall pick Kyler Murray.

Murray, second-round cornerback Byron Murphy, third-round defensive end Zach Allen, sixth-round wide receiver KeeSean Johnson, seventh-round offensive lineman Joshua Miles and seventh-round tight end Caleb Wilson all signed their initial NFL four-year deals.

"Everything I dreamed of," Murray said. "For me, being in Arizona and being a Cardinal, I can honestly say there is no place I'd rather be. It brings a smile to my face knowing I'll get the opportunity of a lifetime to quarterback this team. I just have to work toward that and earn that."

Murray’s contract comes with it a fifth-year team option for the 2023 season. His salary cap number was set at $6.39 million with a signing bonus of $23.59 million, figures that were locked in by the collective bargaining agreement.

"This is just the beginning," Murray said. "I plan to work as hard as I can, lead this team to a lot of wins and, hopefully, a lot of rings."

The rookies begin their minicamp Friday, with practices running through Sunday.

The signings mean five rookies in the Cardinals’ draft class still have to finalize their contracts: second-round wide receiver Andy Isabella, fourth-round wide receiver Hakeem Butler, fifth-round safety Deionte Thompson, sixth-round offensive lineman Lamont Gaillard and seventh-round defensive end Michael Dogbe.

Continue reading...