Kyler Murray Builds Body, Confidence Heading Into Year Two

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
mlhssnyzecbaf6ff5vcv

Perhaps that was inevitable, after a rookie season that "was kind of survival mode for him, the way we thrust him in there," Kingsbury said.

"He had to learn on the fly," Kingsbury added. "It's not easy to have to do that at his position in the history of the league, and to live to tell about it."

Now Murray has DeAndre Hopkins, a full season of Kenyan Drake and all the time spent with Kingsbury talking offense this summer, even if it was virtual. What Murray thinks it can actually turn into as a team, the quarterback isn't saying.

"I'm just not going to answer that question," Murray said. "I don't need any … I'll keep that inside."

No reason to absorb any criticism now, not when the time to show things on the field has finally arrived – with his new frame.

"He's also tan, too," linebacker Chandler Jones said. "I told him, 'You got a tan.' But he's definitely bulked up and that'll be good for him, especially in this league. There is no quarterback that goes through games without being sacked. That's just the way it goes. When he has a little more meat on his bones, he can take hits."

Murray, who was sacked 48 times (tied for most of the league) last season, would rather not test that theory.

"I try not to get hit in the first place," Murray said, "so we'll see how I do this year."

Continue reading...