Kyler Murray The Football Player Makes His Pitch At D-Backs Game

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
xhp4izfmvc7x3zpdtn96

For Murray, the rookies have “jelled very quickly.” His teammates appreciate Murray, even with his No. 1 overall status.

“I’ve been out to eat with him, hung out at the mall, and sometimes he just tries to be a regular dude, but it’s hard,” rookie tight end Caleb Wilson said. “That’s because of all the work he’s put in and how productive he’s been and how much notoriety he has. But he’s definitely one of the guys. I give him a lot of credit for handling it the way he does and how he carries himself.”

Being inclusive is important to Murray. Even as a 21-year-old rookie starter, the Cardinals need him to lead, even in the summer, even at the ballpark. It’s what a quarterback does.

“I’ve always naturally jelled with the dudes on my team,” Murray said.

There was, Murray admitted, some emotion stepping back on a baseball diamond. That was inevitable. But he did it as the quarterback of the Cardinals, not as a baseball draft pick.

“I’ve been playing the game since I was 4 years old,” Murray said. “Being in the locker room, seeing all the (Diamondbacks), the uniform, the dirt, all of it, I’ve been doing it my whole life.

“But I’m playing football now.”

Continue reading...