Lunchbreak: 'Elite' Eric Kendricks Tabbed by PFF as 'Most-Improved' Viking

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
yxnlnwkz5fwglb8hx7bm

Gopher Sports highlights Rallis' brothers journeys

Vikings defensive quality control coach Nick Rallis might be a familiar name in Minnesota, having played linebacker for the University of Minnesota from 2012-16.

But there's also a connection you might be less familiar with: Nick's older brother, Mike, also played linebacker for the Gophers (2008-12) but now is a WWE star who goes by Riddick Moss.

The U of M this week published a story on the Rallis brothers and their paths to success. According to the article, Nick "doesn't see many differences between the brother he grew up with and the WWE persona he embraces in the ring."

"That's who he is, so it's not weird at all," Nick told Gopher Sports. "That's him. He has the Riddick Regimen. Well, that all started with the Rallis Regimen, and that was our lifestyle."

The Rallis Regimen connected Mike and Nick together as they grew up avid football fans. Mike was dedicated to watching football film when he was in college and made a process for breaking it down that he shared with his teammates and brother. Nick was even more consumed by watching film. A trait he has had since he was young.

"Back then, film was on DVDs. I pushed my brother to get his hands on them and bring them home," Nick said. "I would study them hard. Your only limitation in this sport is the amount of work you put in."

Mike told Gopher Sports how proud he is of his younger brother and recalled the way he was a "total coach on the field." Mike also said that Nick "had a chance to find a path in the WWE profession as well" but is confident that Nick will be a great football coach.

"I think that's what his passion is," Mike said. "I knew when he got into coaching that he was going to do great. He is a natural with it. Not only his work ethic, but also he has a knack for the Xs and Os, for teaching and for preparing. It's a pleasure to sit back and watch him grow as a coach."