Lunchbreak: Zierlein Tabs WR, O-Line as Top Position Groups in 2021 NFL Draft

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
pacogszbdqzzdxmuuzsz

The 2021 NFL Draft is just 22 days away, and the general consensus around the football world is that the Vikings top needs include help on the offensive line and at edge rusher.

Fortunately for Minnesota, those happen to be among the strongest position groups, according to Lance Zierlein of NFL.com.

The well-respected draft expert recently ranked 11 position groups of prospects and revealed his list earlier this week.

Zierlein explained his criteria:

In assessing each position group, I identified star-caliber players, future starting talent and overall depth relative to that particular position. In general, I focused my assessments on players who should be available between Round 1 and Round 5.

Zierlein's top group were the wide receivers, the same as a season ago. And while Minnesota could look elsewhere in the first round — unlike a year ago when the Vikings tabbed Justin Jefferson at No. 22 overall — the Vikings might address the position in the final half of the draft.

But Zierlein's next three position groups apply directly to the Vikings, as he ranked the offensive tackles at No. 2, had interior offensive linemen in the third spot and slotted edge defenders at No. 4.